County unlikely to get grant for Courthouse
Submitted by News Staff on Thu, 04/03/2014 - 1:40am
Roxanne McKnight Staff Writer.
Although Limestone County Maintenance Supervisor Sam Callis applied on behalf of the county for funds from the state Historical Commission to renovate the Courthouse, he told commissioners court Monday he doesn’t have much hope for receiving the grant. Callis told the court he had gone to Austin the previous week to testify before the Historical Commission on needed repairs at the Courthouse, but he said other counties had courthouses that seemed in much more dire need of repair than that of Limestone, so he didn’t have much expectation of getting any funding this year.
Rate this article:
- County to acquire new election equipment at no charge
- Groesbeck Lions Club hears informative program on Groesbeck Maffett Library
- New Extension agent to focus on health issues
- County not quite ready for burn ban Road and Bridge to get new fuel truck
- Limestone County heats up Fire Departments on alert