Groesbeck Post Office to Host Passport Fair
GROESBECK, TX -- Need a passport, but can’t make it to the post office during normal office hours? To ensure U.S. citizens are prepared to travel abroad this summer, the U.S. Postal Service will be hosting a passport fair at the Groesbeck Post Office, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., on Saturday, February 17, 2018. Appointments are not required on this day, so customers are encouraged to show up early, as applicants will be served on a first-come, first-served basis.
GROESBECK POST OFFICE
112 S DR J B RIGGS DRIVE
GROESBECK, TEXAS 76642
Saturday, February 17, 2018
9:00AM - 2:00 PM
To obtain a passport applicants need to:
- ● Bring proper proof of American citizenship. This must be either a certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state; a previous U.S. passport; a certificate of citizenship; or a naturalization certificate. (Please note: a hospital-issued birth certificate alone is not acceptable.)
- ● Bring proof of identity. This must be either: a recently issued U.S. passport; a recently issued naturalization certificate; a recently issued certificate of citizenship; or a current valid driver’s license, government ID or military photo ID.
- ● Bring a photocopy of your proof of identity. Each applicant must bring a front and back photocopy of the ID that will be presented at the time of passport acceptance.
- ● The passport application requires recent passport photograph of you (2” x 2” in size), which the Post Office Passport Office can provide for $15.
- ● To save time, customers may download a passport application at www.usps.com/passport to complete beforehand.
- ● All applicants must appear in person (including minors).
- ● Minors under the age of 14 must appear with both parents. If one parent is not available, a notarized authorization from the absent parent is required.
To read more, pick up a copy of Thursday's edition of The Groesbeck Journal! You can also subscribe online or call 254-729-5103.