Loewe recognized as one of the top four coaches in Class 3A for 2017 by the Texas Tennis Coaches Association
Groesbeck’s Dusty Loewe has been recognized as one of the top four coaches for Class 3A by the Texas Tennis Coaches Association (TTCA) and will be recognized at the upcoming TTCA Convention Dec. 1.
Lowe is in his second season as head coach of the Groesbeck High School tennis team, leading the Goats Spring Team Tennis squad to a regional championship and fifth place finish in state and sent a boys and girls doubles team for Individual Tennis’s state meet in College Station.
Loewe came to Groesbeck after coaching in Rockdale, leading the Tigers to state in tennis.
Loewe - Region III Coach of the Year - is joined in the top four by Region I COY, Kimberley Hoelting, Region II COY, James Worley and Region IV COY, Chris Morales, who was named Class 3A Coach of the Year overall.
Hall of Fame inductees at this year’s convention will be Ralph Cox, who coached from 1969 - starting at his alma mater, Pecos High School - and through this season with San Saba High School. Cox has 29 Team District Championships, 12 Regional Team TTCA 3A and Under Team Tournament Championships, qualified for TTCA 3A and under State Team Tournament 25 years, 21 of those in a row.
UIL State Qualifiers: Quarterfinalist 15 times; Semifinals nine times; Runner-ups four times; and State Championships twice.
UIL District Champions - singles and doubles, 78; UIL Regional Qualifiers - singles and doubles, 137. Cox has numerous coaching and teaching awards to go with the honor of being inducted into the Hall of Fame.
Joining Cox as a fellow inductee is Rory Frazee, who coached one year at Westchester High School, then Stratford High School from 1987-2014.
Highlights from Frazee’s coaching career are as follows:
Team Tennis -
• Advanced to post season playoffs as District Champions or District Runner-up 27 times in 29 years
• During one 11-year span, Stratford recorded an undefeated streak of 88 consecutive dual match wins in district competition
• Stratford reached the finals of the Region III Championships 4 times and semi-finals 13 times
• Stratford has been ranked among the top twenty teams in Texas by the T.T.C.A. 19 years
Spring Tennis -
• Advanced individual players to the U.I.L. State Championship Tournament for 22 years with multiple event entries in 14 of those years
• 1993 Girls Doubles State Champions – Nancy and Lisa Dingwall who achieved High School All-American status
• Stratford players played in 8 State Championship finals, 8 semi-finals and 19 quarter- finals
• 38 Stratford players went on to play college tennis in Texas including at Texas A&M, University of Texas, Texas Tech, Texas Christian University, Rice University, Texas State University, UT-Pan Am, University of Houston, Trinity, St. Mary’s University, Tyler JC, Lee College, Mid-Western, McMurry University, Southwestern University and St. Edwards University
• Former Stratford player Jibran Mohammadi played Davis Cup for Pakistan and Sasha Hanna played Federation Cup for Jamaica. Kaylin Kruseman recently achieved I.T.A. All-American status in 2017 and was ranked #6 nationally in D2 doubles play.
The convention will be held at Horseshoe Bay Resort from Nov. 30-Dec. 2, with Patrick McEnroe slated as the keynote speaker.